Here's my bare face (well, of makeup. There's about 5 layers of unguents and lotions and sunscreen.)
I'va actually done a similar post before, but skin changes and so do girly insecurities so I've switched up the routine since.
- remanants of hormonal/stress cysts on cheeks, chin, and nose (I rarely break out but it's been a crazy year. Being pale and prone to hyperpigmentation, I'll be covering these scars for at least eight more months)
- undereye circles (much improved -- more on that later) but still an issue
- uneven patches of sallowness especially around mouth and eyes (what is this?! Some kind of vitamin deficiency? 'Scurvy' has already been suggested. Actually helpful ideas much welcomed -- please to leave comment)
- sadly moulting left eyebrow (right in pic) -- why can't it be more like its sister, huh?! aigoo.
- patchy mauvey lips -- see why I'm such a lipstick addict?
Bare Minimum Look
i.e. current security blanket routine, can be achieved in 2 minutes
Mainly focusing on eyes, in order of (psychological) importance:
|curler: MAC // concealer: Burberry Sheer Touch 01 // brows: Shu Hard 9 pencil Stone grey|
With remaining minute, dab Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer SX-01 over particularly egregious bits with a Hakuhodo 5531.
|o hai thurr|
Pat concealer in with finger / Beautyblender sponge if easily locatable, slick on lipbalm (preferably tinted) while running out the door and done.
Adds to my Beauty Base Zero face above: some kind of base (foundation or colour-correcting primer) a lip and cheek tint and EITHER a neutral eyeshadow smudged along the lashline for definition OR mascara OR tightlining. Takes an additional minute or two -- improves my mood exponentially.
This time, it was Shu Uemura UV Underbase Brightening Mousse Pink/Purple, Becca Guava, and Rouge Bunny Rouge Trumpeter Koel.