Packaging: sturdy clear plastic, like old Shu Uemura, but heftier. The snug magnetic closure makes them more mani-friendly than Shu too.
Texture: in general on the pigmented and soft but slightly powdery side, highly reminiscent of old-school Stila.
Finish: varies -- see notes to swatches.
Shade-range: fantastic and fashion-conscious but shades get released and discontinued at lightning speed -- think of this brand as the Zara of makeup.
German retail is €2.49 for 2g; the shades I own are all made in Germany, Poland or France. (Catrice is also sold in many continental European countries as well as the Republic of Ireland.)
All swatches made with sponge applicators and built up to show colour. I'll note how pigmented each shade is from sheer (4-5 swipes) to very pigmented (1 swipe).
Names (brace for cutesy) // finish // pigmentation:
- Grey's Philosophy // matte // medium
- Starlight Espresso // matte // pigmented
- Oh, It's Toffee-ful // sheen // medium
- My First Copperware Party // shimmer // pigmented
- Heidi Plum (OLD) // shimmer // pigmented
- Heidi Plum (NEW) // matte // sheer/patchy/chalky :(
- Don't Lie, Lac // sheen // medium
- The Noble Knights // sparkle and shimmer // pigmented
- C'Mon Chamelon // shimmery duochrome // pigmented [a far, far better version of MAC Club -- it's smoother, more pigmented and the duochrome shows up clearly without a base]
Names // finish // pigmentation:
- John Lemon // sparse shimmer // sheer-medium
- Pink Rock Super Star // silver sparkle on a satin base // pigmented
- Dalai Drama // sheen // medium
- Kiwi Wonder // sheen // medium
- Bonnie & Cloud // matte // medium
- In Love With Hulk // sheen // sheer
- Vanessa's Paradise // shimmer // medium plus
- Petrol Keeps Me Running // sparse shimmer // pigmented
- Hip Hop On the Tree Top // matte // very pigmented [one of the best mattes I've ever tried. Ever.]
- Top of the Cops // silver sparkle on a matte base // sheer-medium, slightly prone to fallout