Pages

Monday, 29 October 2012

Matte on Matte FOTD

Hmm, drop an E or two and that title might attract a different crowd....

Anyway, belated Becca Raspberry look, paired with an all-matte daytime smokey eye courtesy of my beloved Rouge Bunny Rouge...s. Rouge Bunnies Rouge?

Consisting of:
Automatic Pencil in Salome to line
Blackpepper Jay closest to the lashline,
Sweet Dust Seriema above that, fading into
Chestnut-Napped Apalis,
and edges blended with Bashful Flamingo 

With Becca Raspberry Beach Tint on lips and cheeks:

Other products: 
Burberry Sheer Concealer 01 under eyes
L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic WP mascara
Browlash EX Natural Brown pencil through brows


Note on Beach Tint application:
  1. Shake it like a polaroid picture.
  2. Squeeze out a risotto-rice-grain-sized blob onto each cheek, and on to centres of upper and lower lip.
  3. Do eye makeup.
  4. Blend out the cheek blobs with Illamasqua Highlighter brush, and either add a little extra dot as needed OR sheer out edges further with a clean synthetic foundation brush.
  5. Work the lip-blobs into the lips in an even, thin layer using any handy clean lipbrush. Allow to set without smooshing lips together. If needed, add another thin layer over the top of the first and/or clean up edges with concealer brush.

20 comments:

  1. This is lovely! Your lip application of beach tints is so much more precise than mine - I'll have to try using a lip brush instead of my fingers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahaha, trust me I will never ever show you a finger-applied lipstick. Maybe for Halloween.

      Delete
  2. Lovely in mattes! LOL at your title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I really want that Burberry concealer (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, it looks amazing x

      Delete
    2. I'm still on the same tube I bought in May >:D

      Delete
  4. So lovely! You make me want to pick up Becca's beach tints AND more RBR matte shadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are truly formulas worth coveting

      Delete
  5. Oh me, oh my! Just sexy! :) Miss your face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm surprised! Don't the blobs dry and stain your cheeks while you do your eye makeup? I hurriedly try to blend away as soon as I apply. I'll have to try your methods as mine don't make me look as pretty as you are!

    Thanks for sharing this elegantly simple but refined look. I will achieve some semblance of it one day...

    Blob, blob, blod, blob, wait.
    Apply eye makeup and work
    blobs until pretty!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't actually :) But I do play it by ear -- if I can see/feel it drying out I'll blend earlier. My eye makeup rarely takes longer than five minutes though.

      Delete
  7. I love your fotds, you look damn good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so lovely on you!

    *makes notes* @ note on Beach Tint application. I still havent decided which one to buy first :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Watermelon, Rapsberry or Strawberry would be lovely :)

      Delete
  9. so pretty, I love the raspberry beach tint and I'm going to give your application a go, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on :) BT's are products I get a bit protective about -- when people dislike them I tend to assume it's application niggles to blame.

      Delete
    2. I tried this today and it worked brilliantly. I don't have the Illamasqua brush but I used something similar, I think this actually improves the longevity of the blush, cheers!

      Delete