Pages

Monday, 28 January 2013

Two Looks with Guerlain Coup de Foudre

As mentioned in my review/swatch post, this is my new favourite toy and I have already amassed a hefty backlog of looks, some more successful than others. In an attempt to structure the blog a bit better this year, I'll be posting them in slightly tenuously connected pairs -- today's theme is spring vs winter(ish), and both looks incorporate all four shades from Coup de Foudre.

Spring
Mint all over lid and lower lashline, grey to shade outer v, olive-bronze to line upper lashline and outer third of lower lashline. Coral blended through socket and pulled slightly up and out.


The coral from Coup de Foudre again, used as blush (this is sufficiently pigmented and blendable to work beautifully as blush and reads as satinny with no visible gold microshimmer on my cheeks -- woot!) And paired with my favourite lip product from spring thus far, YSL Glossy Stain 27 Pêche Cerra-Cola (this is 2 coats):

Better look at how Coup de Foudre's coral shade works as blush:



Winter
If the Spring look showcases how well the coral plays with the green tones in this quad this one illustrates how un-green, un-spring, Coup de Foudre can be.
Coral in the centre of the lid, grey to darker outer corner and mixed with the mint to blend inner socket. Mint layered with olive-bronze on the lower lashline. More of a rounded shape, following the natural contours of my eye, rather than the elongation of the Spring look.


Lip and cheek choices motivated more by "I wanna play with my other new shinies" than ye higher aesthetic considerations: Dolce&Gabanna Nude blush and Bite Beauty Scarlet chubby pencil. 
(After some strategic covering up of various bits of these pictures, I think the blush is to blame for this look's lack of tonal cohesion. I'll try to show it off to better advantage in its own forthcoming review post.)

Suggestions for tweaking these looks, and ideas for future looks / pairings would be very welcome too :)


In both looks: L'Oreal Telescopic False Lash WP macara, Shu Uemura Stone Grey eyebrow pencil, Shu Uemura UV Under Base Cream Pink as base, Rouge Bunny Rouge Sea of Tranquility to highlight, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer SX-01 to spot conceal and Burbery Sheer Luminous concealer 01 under eyes.

38 comments:

  1. I am too distracted by how awesome both of your lip products are to pay attention to your eyeshadow. Which is also lovely, but THE LIPSTICK! I think I am more of a lipstick person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL <3 well at least you're self aware. For some reason I am much pickier about lip shades so a new one has to really rock my socks to make the cut: these do!

      Delete
  2. It's a very charming look. You have very sweet/novel makeup ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first look is something I see myself doing too with Coup de Foudre, along with that super delicious looking gloss. I love the second look as well, that lip colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would rock that! I love the way you elongate your eyes.

      Delete
  4. I love these colours on you and the heavier mossy colour does make it more wintery, compared with that excellent lipstick. And girl, do you have some gorgeous cheekbones and how you accent it with your blush!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *whispers* most of my cheekbones are due to cunning camera angles ;) But blush does help.

      Delete
  5. Both looks are amazing but I think I prefer the spring version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I totally agree :) I think I was forcing the winteriness a bit.

      Delete
  6. Both looks are fab on you but I can't stop looking at how amazing YSL GS #27 is on you! I have this shade, but I haven't tried it on yet. I hope I rock it as well as you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Nazikins! It is a very you kind of shade, and perfect with greens ;)

      Delete
  7. So so pretty! That coral is to-die-for! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the surprise hit of the palette for me! I can't get enough of it <3

      Delete
  8. Both looks are stunning! CdF is such a fun palette. Can't wait for mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what you'll do with it :D

      Delete
  9. Not only do I now have to get CdF, but I also need that Bite lip pencil. I'm a sucker for dark reds... Wonderful looks, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bite pencils are amazing! A brand always has my heart when they launch about 8 shades of red in the same formula at once.

      Delete
  10. Really love your lips and your choice of shades. :)

    In the Spring look, love the coral blended in the crease. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's probably the lighting but I totally dig your cooler/darker hair color (guess you look great with any cut), it totally reminds me of the young Brigitte Lin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did just dye it a darker shade recently -- you have a great eye. Just googled BL and man, I WISH I had some of her sexiness *_*

      Delete
  12. I know it isn't the focus but I absolutely love that shade of YSL GS on you. So delectable! I am hoping you can post some lip post soon because I'm interested in the products you've tried and (de)tested/loved recently? :-)

    However, I do love how the eyeshadow palette works so well with your colouring and suits your wardrobe even so! Fantastic how it can go in so many ways with blush and lip pairings.

    - Heechy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heeehy :*******

      That is a fab idea for a post, thank you <3

      Delete
  13. wow that new glossy stain is absolutely stunning on you! you are just gorgeous, i am still in love with your hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my consolation for never ever possibly having hair as awesome as yours!

      Delete
  14. Hey Kate both looks gorgeous! You look stunning in bold lipstick :) For myself, I think I'll look nicer in the Spring look. Anyway that glossy stain looks super pretty, the color looks fresh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your juicy lips could pull off any shade of lipstick! :)

      Delete
  15. I love how flawless your skin looks :). The lipstick takes it from a day to night look, gorgeous, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nooooo! Must resist CdF. If I purchase this, the blame is entirely yours.
    xxkarima

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kate thanks for showing us how to use this palette. I love love your eye looks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks gorgeous on you, especially the first look for me.
    I still don't think this palette works for me (well, its dupes didn't) but it's beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. YOU PRETTY THING. I'm taking notes on how to wield this palette, because two of my three looks I posted were ugleh, in retrospect.

    (also i know you don't like it, but i wish you were on twitter so i can flail at you in real time. comment boxes are so sluggish when it comes to communication /sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a lovely look- Guerlain has produced a great palette!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have been umming and ahhing over this palette for weeks. It's so beautiful but I've been holding off buying it because I can't quite work out what lips/cheeks I'd pair it with. I'm looking forward to seeing more examples of how you've used it. You always come up with such fabulous combinations :).

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey pretty!
    I'm really enjoying the careful eyeshadow placements, especially in the Spring example. I have a tendency to blend these sorts of looks into oblivion.

    Note to self: It is not only acceptable, but is actually *desirable* to be able to *tell* that there are different colors in different zones!

    ReplyDelete